fighting hungerhow World Vision tackles hunger with the funds your group raises
• Delivering emergency food and supplies
• Running malnutrition-recovery centers
• Teaching parents improved farming techniques
• Equipping families to grow crops and raise healthy livestock
• Improving access to clean water for nutritious harvests
• Helping children get critical medical care
• And much more
There’s no “us” and “them.” World Vision staff work where they live: of our 44,000 staff worldwide, about 95 percent live in their home regions, among people they know and understand.
Based on World Vision’s six decades of experience, we believe the best way to fight hunger is to equip people with the tools they need to put food on their own tables year-round. That’s why we work in communities for a dozen years or more, helping local people create locally driven solutions to poverty.
Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.—1 John 3:18 (NIV)