where hunger existshunger hotspots around the world
- War and conflict have raged for three decades
- One in three people are hungry
- Lifespan: 48 years
- More than one in two people are chronically malnourished
- Families spend up to two-thirds of their money on food
- Lifespan: 50 years
Want to designate your funds to Burundi? Learn more.
- Half of all Haitians don’t get enough to eat
- It’s the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere
- Lifespan: 62 years
Want to designate your funds to Haiti? Learn more.
- This nation is home to the world’s largest refugee camp: Dadaab
- Most people are subsistence farmers (growing barely enough to live)
- Lifespan: 58 years
Want to designate your funds to Kenya and the Horn of Africa? Learn more.
United States of America
- More than 46 million Americans are living below the poverty line — the most since the late 1950s
- More than 16 million children live in food-insecure households
- Lifespan: varies by area
Want to designate your funds to United States of America? Learn more.
- Unemployment is estimated at 80 percent (no jobs = no food)
- One-third of families are chronically malnourished
- Lifespan: 51 years
Want to designate your funds to Zimbabwe? Learn more.
Choose one of 10 countries to designate your Famine funds. Check out the complete list.