kick off 30 days to 30 hoursmeet with your group and begin fundraising
When? 30 days before Famine weekend.
How? During a regular youth group meeting or a special event.
Why? Get students pumped to fundraise and feed the hungry.
start off strong
1. Play Famine hunger trivia. Break the ice with a little competition and help students learn about hunger in the process. Download our FREE Famine trivia.
2. Watch the Famine promo video.
30 Hour Famine 2013: Feed Your 5,000
3. Give a Famine lowdown. Download these quick-and-easy Famine talking points to give your students a five-minute pep talk on how the Famine works.
4. Hand out student fundraising materials. Have students open their collection envelope. Go over the Student Guide and receipts inside. Better yet, have your designated student leaders do it! Download a customizable fundraising flyer to pass out too.
5. Choose where your $$$ goes. Vote on a region as a group. If you don’t designate, funds will go where needed most.
6. Set individual and group fundraising goals. Ask students how many kids they want to help, for how long. Highlight the Study Tour and other rewards they can earn. Use these helpful formulas to figure out the right goals.
7. Create a visual representing your group goal.
Idea #1: Paper chain
For every child you help or every dollar you raise, add one link. Hang it where you’ll see it.
Idea #2: Thermometer
The classic! Fill it in as funds come in.
Idea #3: Wall of stars
Tape a star to the wall for every person who donates. Donors write the name of a loved one in the star.